12 August 2005

 

Life Lessons

Here are a few things that in retrospect I perhaps should have refrained from in the last few days (this list is certainly not exhaustive):

While it is fun putting Burts Bees on your eyelids, asking the family you've known for about six hours if you can use their chapstick for this purpose makes you look like a psychopath

While it was not a good idea to get blacked out the night before you are pouring concrete standing on little wooden platforms ten feet in the air, it was a worse idea for me to tell a church pastor that "I'm fine, I just got fucking pissed last night and I'm a little dehydrated"

In really exciting news, I have a Thai phone now! The number is +66 4843 5742 (i think you have to dial 011 from the states then the number) so if you want to blow some of your signing bonus or grad school loans gimme a call! [As an aside, when I had a phone in Germany only one person from home called me the entire time - thanks Katie - not even my folks] I'm off to enjoy the weekend with its promise of rabies shots and a visit to Burma!

Cheers (and a special cheers since I just learned that there will be a hockey season!)

Steve

Comments:
Steve: We'll call you collect. Dad And Mom
 
Steve, Now that we know you'd like calls, we'll try not to disappoint you... love, mom and dad
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?