04 August 2005

 

Part II: In which our authors (heroes?!?) part ways and both desperately search for some good karma

After a celebratory and alcoholic end to our travels ("Steve, I'd hug you if I didn't have beer bottles taped to each hand"), Ed and I have gone our seperate ways. Ed heads back to Bangkok then off to a respectable job while I'm headed for a national park in search of tree houses.

I left Koh Tao this morning, though I was dangerously close to becoming one of those divemasters that says "yeah, I came here for a week vacation back in 2002" but I managed to escape unscathed. Well not actually unscathed, while Ed sucessfully defended himself from a trigger fish I was slightly less fortunate with one of the million roving canines around the island. Though I don't understand what the big deal is with rabies shots, they aren't painful and the woman informed (as I was removing my pants and bending over) that they don't actually go in your ass. It also gives me a good excuse to wander into Thai pharmacies so to finance my trip a bit, feel free to send me any requests for pharmacueticals.

Off to the park now, but I'll promise a special souvenir (fake name brand tshirt, fake name brand watch, etc) to anyone who can guess what I haven't had since 12 July or what I haven't not heard for a 24 hour period over here. Email me!

Steve

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?