30 August 2005

 

Sangsom (literally translated it means "Thai Devil Whiskey")

This morning I woke up and was reminded, yet again, of the wisdom in Tyler's truism that "naked and confused is no way to go through life." As best as I can put it together my night consisted of chugging Sangsom and Coke interspersed with brief bouts of conversation and an attempt at the drinking game shoulders/nipples in Thai. I distinctly remember Jeremy telling me that I speak "really good Thaibonics" and me telling him that "I survived four years of college and he is without a doubt the worst influence on me ever". I must have somehow crawled home and taken off all my clothes (hopefully in that order) because that is how I found myself at 8am. Jeremy, for his part, is convinced that he walked home and lost first one sandal, then the other sandal, then himself into "some kind of crevasse." Khao Lak is a special place and has a lot of cool features but glaciers are not one of them. He did not accept my logic.

To give this post a little bit of substance, lets talk about John (he says his real name is about a kilometer long). John has brought a bunch of his Sri Lakan workers over from Dubai where he claims to own a construction company. I'm fairly confident he is infact a warlord or mob boss. He is about 6'2", sports shirts buttoned to the middle of his stomach (showing off quite a collection of chest hair) and enough bling to be in any rap video. Seriously, this guy has rings the size of my head and a necklace that could sink a longtail boat. But he shows up, gives us workers (this time ten divemasters which is kinda cool) and then zips off in his private jet (I imagine).

To wrap this one up, heres a list of things I missed today while I was palatially (is that a word?) hungover: matzoh ball soup, thick sliced ham, string cheese and triscuits. Cheers!

Steve

ps! I'm now certifiably rabies free! Though I couldn't quite get "can I please have an IV because I'm fucking hungover" to translate.

Comments:
Still loving the Sangsom I see... I'm just curious as to the number of nites in Khao Lak that you DO remember?

Tell all that I say hi (especially Grandma)and let me know if your going to be in LA for your voyage home.

-Kevin

P.S. Kaw Pad Thai gai mai sai twung Ohhhh

Check out my pics!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?