20 September 2005

 

Killing the Prime Minister of Malaysia


After my freezing bus ride and subsequent confused/rambling internet session I picked my way through the passed out bums and got a few hours of much needed shut eye at a neighboring hostel. My initial impression of KL was dodgy at best. But after my rest I wandered around (read: got hopelessly lost) and really enjoyed the city. It has a really cool mix of everything: towering highrises with a million hawker stands at their base, a place selling indian food next to a KFC next to a western bar and all the people were really nice (or really bad con artists). I picked up a flight to Kathmandu (check it out below) and a pretty sweet little Konica Dimage Z5 camera. The Petronas Towers are quite tall but you can only go up to the bridge in the middle so hopped on up the KL communications tower and had quite a giggle when the chick doing the audio tour went "blah blah prime minister of malaysia blah blah".

The next day I continued my wanderings and stumbled upon the chineese latern festival / mid autumn festival. And if you don't think multicultural celebrations in a Muslim country are fun, boy have you got another thing coming. Especially when it is simultaneously MCed in English, Malay and sign language (is there only one sign language or is it different in different countries?). Traditional dancing! Traditional signing! Whopeeee! Unfortunately my enjoyment was interrupted when I ventured to the French expo next door and partook in more than my fair share of free wine and cheese then smoked a hookah at a little street cafe. KL was really cool!

Ok, so here is a list of things I brought with me for a nine day trip (compare to what I brought with me for the whole trip):

And I bought a disposable razor, some sunscreen and some Norflaxin (a broad spectrum anti biotic... I hope). Think I overpacked in June? Just a little...

Cheers

Steve

PS> Today I made a spatula, a horseshoe pit and one horseshoe; they are really hard to make.


Comments:
What's a "swimmer"? is that otherwise known as swimming trunks? If you want to talk on the phone, remember that your mother ALWAYS likes to hear your voice... love, mom
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?