06 October 2005

 

Bangsak is Dunzo


Today we straightened, cut, bent, tied and loaded the last piece of rebar to be assembled at Bang Sak (the site I am, excuse me, was, in charge of). Its actually really awesome and shows that we are making really great progress towards completing the homes on Koh Kho Khao. The homes in Bang Sak are being painted in preparation for the dedication ceremony on 29 October (yeah, I'm using international date format and saying "I reckon" and pronouncing 'fillet of fish' "fill-it of fish"). It was also a special day because I completed work on my shiny, silver, space aged, two levels of cooking surface and a side table, completely homemade grill. I'd like to put up pictures but some doofus is using the card reader, so y'all (not so international after all) will have to wait till tomorrow.

The free clinic gave me Valium! (not joking!)

Steve

PS> This is a special shout out to me mum whom I gave a lot of shit for suggesting I bring compact washclothes thinking I would never ever ever use them. Well once again, I was wrong and used them tonight to not disturb my wound. And the most ridiculous story that someone believed went a little like this: "Woah Steve, what happened?" "Well you know those signs at resorts that say 'Beware of Falling Coconuts', yeah they're not lying"

The last truck out of Bang Sak (think last helicopter out of Saigon)

Comments:
Thanks for your kind words and congratulations for a job well done.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?