14 October 2005

 

I saw Mt Everest today!

I've seen some pretty awesome things from planes: beautiful sunsets, the Grand Canyon, the New Zealand Alps, hell, I've even jumped out of planes. But nothing is more impressive then seeing the Himalayas as we descended into Kathmandu airport. Seeing the snow pluming off the summit of the tallest mountain in the world brought a smile to my face (and caused the whole plane to roll right as everyone moved to look out the window). It was, in a word, awesome. Can't wait to start trekking...

Gore

PS> Having to leave my passport at immigration, run outside to an ATM, come back to immigration, have the immigration official ask me if I had any extra (wink, wink) money, change Nepal Rupees back to US Dollars and wait for like thirty minutes all to get a stupid visa was slightly less awesome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?