10 October 2005

 
It was a pretty great last weekend here in Khao Lak. Had my first Tsunami scare on Saturday afternoon, it seems they have a system set up to scare the shit out of people and cause at least two heartattacks but no real method of communicating anything useful. Luckily, through the magic of cell phones and google we found out it was just a teeny little 4.9er (did I catch a niner in there?) off the coast of Kuala Lumpur.

After we finished up our half day of work we set about innaguarating the BBQ. An unexpected twist for me was finding out that Thai's don't light fires with starter fluid or paper or something sensical, they like to use rubber. Adds an interesting flavor to your chicken. But the BBQ was really really good, grill worked flawlessly and Frankie inebriated us with Pina Coladas, Banana Surprise and Koh Kho Koah Island Iced Tea.

Something new and different for a Sunday, everybody was hungover! But no worries, we perservered and hit up Lampi waterfalls which were fairly awesome. We hiked the 300meters up to the top and I made the startling realization that I am in really terrible shape. I hope that whatever I end up paying a Sherpa includes carrying my ass up the steep parts.

We came back, checked out Snatch that was playing at the Khao Lak movie theater (aka the bungalow with a laptop and projector) and ended the weekend the way all good weekends should end: drinking at the Marlin and me making a fool out of myself playing pool. Special shout out to Michael and Da (the owner and bartender at the Marlin) who seemed to really enjoy the photo of me in the apron.

I lose my phone on Thursday so you guys should really bite the bullet, get drunk on a weeknight and give me a call!

Gore


Cause everytime I sleep with your mom she gives me a cookie

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?