05 October 2005

 

Steve gets Mexican Food, Stitches

In one of my more impressive moments as a volunteer, I was breaking wood by propping it up and stomping on it. The first ten went flawlessly, the eleventh went spiraling over my head and landed about fifteen feet away (I said "awesome", Larry said "that was close"), the twelfth jumped up and smacked me square in the mouth pushing my top front tooth completely through my lip. My initial reaction was to shout "break time" really loudly, followed by the realization I needed to go to the hospital, followed by the hope that maybe now I could get my Valium. The Thai hospitals once agained proved superb, six stitches in about six minutes all for less than $20 (770 Baht, 12 Quid, 150,000 Dong, etc etc). Though they still laughed at me when I asked for Valium.

In more productive news, I served as project manager / big boss for two days this weeks while Jeremy was out cavorting. It was good fun, I'm super important. In more delicious news, we made nachos/burritos last night. It was one of the most phenomenal meals of my life. I picked up chips and cheese in Phuket this past weekend (and hiking boots, and Sizzler!!!!!), Jeremy had some beans and tortillas and we snagged some peppers and mystery chicken on a stick. You'll never appreciate having a proper kitchen until you are driving around getting cheese out of a refigerator in one bungalow, chips from another then walking into every restaurant in town trying to find one that actually has an oven (or even trying to explain what an oven is to Thai people). Finally the good folks at Viking steakhouse let us shove our tray into their oven (not a sexual euphemism) and we churned out some seriously delectable Mexican food. We also had Sangria, Tequila and the ever popular TJ Tobacco (think about it.....). Best part of the night was when Alan (who is 29) was trying to guess my age, he said 27, I burst out laughing and he went "what, older than me?". Good stuff

Jesus is my wingman

Esteban




That would be Me, Alan, Jeremy, Frankie and our deliciousness

Comments:
Steve: Is that a tatoo on your left ankle or a bracelet??? DAD
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?