01 November 2005

 

Day 16: Namche - Lukla (2820m). 5 Hours

Hey, yesterday was Halloween! An early morning to start out the long downhill trudge to Luka. It is a lot faster going down, though not necessarily easier. Got down the valley without much incident, the path was much busier with a lot more houses and lodges than I remeber. Apparently 6,200 trekkers visited during Octubre. Yikes. Thats up from 1,300 in Septembre.

In Phakding we were blessed with the 2005 In Da Club mix November edition which featured 50 Cent, Avril Lavigne and other favorites. It was a bit better than the Best of Ace of Base in Lukla. To counteract the musical, I imbibed heavily on the gaksish - the local rice wine. I really hate rice wine. I do not believe it is a big fan of me either.

Kathmandu tomorrow which means a shower, shave, laundry, shorts and maybe, just maybe, a steak. "The goal is the path"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?