02 November 2005

 

Woah, I am alive

Yep, after 17 days, 243 kilometers, 2,745 vertical meters gained and lost and 0 showers later, I am safely back in Kathmandu (note for this and all other posts: all names, distances, altitudes, events and images are imaginative to made up). It was a fantastic trek, I did see the sunset on Mt Everest, I did get blessed by a monk, I did cross a 5,320 meter snow covered peak and I did not get trampled by a yak or hire a porter to carry me. For those of you with longer attention spans (or more boring jobs), I'll put up day by day "vignettes" soon (and pictures). Here are some more general trip observations:

People I Met

Steve's Trekking Medical Guide

All right, more to come tomorrow but until then, consider this literary jem which I believe is the motto of Yeti Airlines (no shit the airline i flew): "In Nepal we don't fly in the clouds cause the clouds have mountains in them"

Gore


Comments:
Hey, We're glad that you had a fantastic time and we are impressed that you got your butt up the mountain!!! way to go Steve. lots of love, mom and dad
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?